Monday 4 February 2013

Amazing Thrift Store Find!

Sometimes you just can't believe your luck, no matter how lucky you are and, this was one such moment.

It even made me run and, well, I'm not the running type. When I spied a copy of Ticket to Ride: Europe half way down the thrift store as I entered the door however, I went all Flash on the situation. ;0).

I'm glad I did too as not only was this the only game remotely like this in the whole store but, it was also complete, in great condition and, cheap!

Granted, I am not 100% sure on what the actual retail price on this product is but when you're only giving up a fiver, which goes to a good cause you really can't complain. Especially when you've been eying up a copy in your local gaming store for a while which would have set you back a damn sight more!

In many ways, I think that little box defines the very meaning of "great find". :0).

4 comments:

  1. Nice - retail, that is about a $50-60 game, so about 30-40 pound?

    Of course online, it is not so much with discounts, but that is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! :0).

      They did only want half of what I paid for it, but being a charity I doubled their price tag out of a sense of fair play. I mean, I was still getting an amazing bargain even at that price though. I also offered my services to evaluate all future games so they don't diddle themselves again. :0).

      Delete