Sunday 26 August 2012

On The Cards: Sunday 26th August

So many plans, so much time and yet so little done.

What's Been Going On?

I did set out this week with soooo many posts planned but, if anything, I have posted up less this week than I have in previous weeks. I have also rolled back some of the more recent changes that I had made... But why?

Well, as much as I thought that I would have the time to do this, that and, the other in theory this week, the practice has had me spending only a handful of hours sat at my laptop whilst I have been cracking away at a number of things.

One of them being miniature painting. I have taken back to doing this myself and am currently spending a couple of hours on average behind the brush a day.

I am finding this quite enjoyable but, I am coming to learn just how fussy I can be when it comes to my paint jobs. Still, all being well, I will have some pretty amazing looking models (by the standards of someone who hasn't painted in an age) to bring to the table.For one thing, I have taken to painting my own miniatures again, so on average spend a couple of hours 

Other than that, I have been very deeply buried in rule books, looking through games that I have owned for some time but, have done little but sit on the shelf, with the hope that I can bring some of them to the table soon and of course, review them.

I have also ditched (as some have you may have noticed) Trollish Encounters and the survey that I had posted up. Although Trollish Encounters seemed like a good idea at the time and, indeed ran smoothly, it's variable size meant that it left the sidebar looking rather ramshackle and, just had to go!

I can always bring it back though, just maybe on a page of its own.

The survey has also been chucked before completion. Again, it was making the blog look a damned mess as far as I was concerned but, the feedback was valuable and the responses fairly conclusive, so I must thank everyone who participated. Your feedback has been taken on board and into consideration.

So What Next?

In all honesty, I can say that the week ahead is as much a mystery to you as it is me!

I still haven't received my hours for the coming week yet and, I could be required to be in work in less than 24 hours...

What I can say however is that I will be continuing to post up the usual features regardless and, time permitting, more besides! All being well, I hope to get that new Tunnels and Trolls type I promised you all today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment