Tuesday 25 September 2012

Battlefield In A Box

Whilst I am covering the subject of terrain, it is probably well worth pointing out that if scratch building seems far too much like hard work for you, there are a good number of pre-built options available, with one of the most impressive in my mind being the Battlefield in a Box range from GaleForce9.

You don't even have to raise a paint brush!

Whilst I would have to say that the primary focus of the company is definitely terrain for the popular tabletop skirmish game, Flames of War, Warhammer: 40,000 could benefit greatly from the "Gothic" range of ruins.

True, it may lack a lot of the skulls, chains and imagery that we associate with the game but is that such a bad thing? I don't think so. In fact I find the concept of some less lavish terrain dispersed amongst the official stuff quite appealing.

Not to mention how appealing the price tag of £18 a pop is! Definitely something to consider when outfitting your gaming table.

2 comments:

  1. I have put off buying their stuff way too many times at conventions where they are usually offering some form of buy a few and get one free...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but with my local gaming store and minus the offer. :0)

      I've been eyeballing them for quite a while now. I may even pick up a couple when it comes to my main game shop of the year (usually December or January).

      By then I should have some idea of just what I need based on how well my scratch builds go.. Assuming I've got my ass into gear by then and actually finished something. Lol.

      Delete