Monday 17 September 2012

Bloggish Hall Of Fame #1: Tenkar's Tavern

There's no two ways about it. This month has been a quiet month of blogging on my part. Especially when you compare it to the somewhat staggering post count that I clocked up in the previous month.

This doesn't mean I've been resting on my laurels though. I still have plenty of projects on the go including the several I have already launched here (The Dungeon Masters Series, Converting Diablo II for fast play, The Seven Gates Elder Sign campaign, Fluxx Ups) and, a few more running in the background besides.

On top of all this prep and planning work however I have also found myself spending a lot more time reading. In particular, some of the wonderful blogs that I have come to find through my own endeavors here that I might otherwise not have known about.

Which is why I have decided to create the Bloggish Hall Of Fame feature. My chance to cast a light on some of the blogs in my feed and, give a little explanation as to why they're there. Sort of my way of saying thanks to all the guys who inspire me and, who's feed I really enjoy following.

First up on my roll of honor has to be Tenkar's Tavern.

If you are looking for a balanced and entertaining view point across a wide range of roleplaying products, I can think of few blogs that do a better job. Also, on top of the quality content there is a very personal touch that I feel pushes this blogger above and beyond many of the other folks out there writing in the same field and, personally I find great appeal in following the works of someone that is so down to earth.

This doesn't mean that the blog doesn't favor certain product groupings over others (Erik sure does love his OSR style games) but, the way I look at it is that if a blogger doesn't have a focus or a preference their writing often comes across as disingenuous.

For example, I like Tunnels and Trolls, i'm not shy about it, it's my focus but, I write about other stuff too. As it is with Erik. He really enjoys playing and writing about a whole range of OSR products but, it's not all he does and, it's not all he writes.

So if you have 5 minutes to spare and are looking for a good new read, why not go and check his blog out, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment